This Award has been designed to help Beaver Scouts understand
the commitment that they are making when they make
their Promise and become Members of the Movement and the
Beaver Scout Section.
It is recommended that Beaver Scouts complete the following
activities in the three areas before the badge is awarded and
they make their Promise.
Area One – Know about the Colony
• Attend at least four meetings.
• Get to know other Members and Leaders in the Colony.
• Find out about ceremonies and traditions in the Colony.
• Find out about activities available in the Colony.
Area Two – Know about joining the
• Know and show an understanding of the Beaver Scout
• Know and show an understanding of the Scout Motto,
Sign and Handshake.
• Know what to do at their Investiture.
• Know the meaning of the badges that they will receive at
• Show a general knowledge of the family of Scouts, worldwide
Scouting and the history of Scouting.
Area Three – Promise
• Become a Beaver Scout by making the Promise.